If you want to reheat pizza in an air fryer, you’ll find the leftover pizza comes out with a perfectly crispy crust and the cheese is perfectly melted again.
Who doesn’t love pizza? It’s a great treat on a game day, girls’ night or simply when you don’t feel like cooking anything!
And when you have leftover pizza in the fridge, it is even better! You don’t have to go out to buy it or order one. You just have to reheat a leftover slice to enjoy it!
Now, if you think the microwave is the only solution to reheating pizza, think again! We have an even better option!
Why reheating in the air fryer is so great?
You might have reheated your leftover pizza in a microwave a hundred times.
And every time, you would have come across the same problem, i.e., the crust going chewy and the cheese not melting perfectly well. It’s almost like it’s a soggy pizza when you take it out of the microwave, but it’s not quite, because the crust is so tough.
The pizza does get warm, but the level of freshness doesn’t earn full points.
However, if you reheat your leftover pizza in an air fryer, you won’t believe the results.
Three minutes in the air fryer, and your pizza crusts retain their buttery crusty texture, and the cheese will melt perfectly. It is so fresh as if it has come straight from the oven.
Can You Reheat Pizza in the Air Fryer?
The answer is YES. You can absolutely reheat a pizza in an air fryer. In fact, when you do so, you will be amazed at the results. The pizza will come out fresh, delicious and with a buttery crust. It is like magic!
Do you need to use oil?
Not at all. Because you are reheating the pizza, you don’t have to use oil. A simple round in the air fryer will do the job.
- Your favorite leftover pizza slice
- air fryer
- spatula for removing pizza slice from air fryer basket
- Preheat air fryer for about three minutes at 370°F.
- Once done, place pizza slice in the air fryer basket.
- Cook pizza in the air fryer at 350°F for 3 minutes
Reheating pizza in an air fryer may work wonders, but to get the perfect slice, you have to keep in mind a few things:
- When placing the pizza in the air fryer basket, make sure the slices don’t overlap each other. If they do, as the cheese melts, its slices will stick to each other, which can get a bit messy.
- If the pizza crust is thinner, such as thin crust pizza, reduce the heating time to two minutes and make sure to check on it at about a minute and a half; otherwise, the crust will become dry.
- If the pizza crust is a bit thick or deep dish, you can increase the heating time to four to five minutes.
- Make sure you preheat the air fryer at 370 degrees for about three minutes before placing the pizza in the air basket. This way, the pizza will reheat evenly.
Want something extra to cheer you up when having leftover pizza? Here are a few ideas you should try:
- side salad
- fried chicken
- bread sticks
- Leftover pizza slice
1. Preheat the air fryer for three minutes at 370°F.
2. Place the pizza slice in the air fryer basket.
3. Cook pizza in the air fryer at 350°F for 3 minutes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 640mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g