If you've ever had Mexican Street Corn, you may have fallen in love. You'll find Air Fryer Mexican street corn is so delicious and makes it super easy to make.
Air fryer elotes, also known as Mexican street corn is a great side dish for Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo.
If you've never had this popular Mexican street food, it is cooked corn, covered in a creamy layer - most commonly mayonnaise and then smothered in flavorful spices such as chili powder, smoked paprika or cayenne pepper, with Mexican cotija cheese or sometimes feta cheese or parmesan as well.
Mexican street corn is also a delicious side dish for entertaining and backyard parties.
Air fried corn takes about 20 minutes to make start to finish. It is fairly easy to make and the ingredients aren't hard to find.
Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn
After my first time trying Mexican street corn, it became an instant favorite recipe to make.
I knew I'd have to try making an air fried street corn version and found that I love making it in the air fryer.
Typically, Mexican street corn is served on a stick and if you want yours served on a stick at home, you can use a skewer to stick through the bottom of your corn cob.
There's a few different ways you can shake things up when making your air fryer Mexican street corn.
Base Layer: I call for coating with mayonnaise in my Mexican street corn recipe, but you can add a bit of sour cream or Mexican crema to your mayonnaise mixture. Or, you could even use melted butter in a pinch.
Cheese: This recipe calls for parmesan cheese, but we frequently use Mexican cotija cheese (yum!) or feta cheese instead. parmesan, feta, cojita
Seasoning: The seasoning is easy to change up. Tajin seasoning is popular for topping Mexican street corn. Another alternative to the cayenne pepper is chili powder or smoked paprika.
Some other ways of changing up this air fryer Mexican street corn recipe is to give it a splash of fresh lime juice before serving, adding some fresh cracked black pepper
- fresh corn on the cob
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- kosher salt
- parmesan cheese
- cayenne pepper
- finely chopped cilantro leaves
How to Make Mexican Street Corn
Step 1: Make sure to preheat your air fryer to 370°F for 3 minutes.
Step 2: While the air fryer is pre-heating, husk the corn. Coat the corn in the olive oil and the minced garlic. Add a pinch of salt to each corn cob.
Step 3: Place the corn cobs into the air fryer basket. Air fry the corn at 370°F for 12 minutes or until it brightens in color. Make sure to flip the corn halfway through cooking. It will start to look yellow/gold when it's done.
Step 4: Remove the air fryer basket and coat the corn evenly with mayonnaise. Then, roll in grated parmesan cheese and sprinkle with a bit of cayenne pepper. Top it with chopped, fresh cilantro.
Tips for Air Fryer Elote
- Your air fryer might cook a little hotter or colder than mine, so make sure to check your corn a minute or two before the cook time is up. Don't be afraid to add a few minutes if your corn needs it.
- If your corn cobs won't fit in the air fryer basket, try breaking your corn cobs in half. The corn half should fit easily in the basket.
Can You Use Frozen Corn?
Yes, you can use frozen corn on the cob for this recipe. Fresh corn will taste better though as sometimes frozen corn can come out chewy.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- 4 corns on the cob
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- Pinch kosher salt per cob
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp cayenne
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- Make sure to preheat your air fryer to 370°F for 3 minutes.
- While the air fryer is pre-heating, husk the corn. Coat the corn in the olive oil and the minced garlic. Add a pinch of salt to each corn cob.
- Place the corn cobs into the air fryer basket. Air fry the corn at 370°F for 12 minutes or until it brightens in color. Make sure to flip the corn halfway through cooking. It will start to look yellow/gold when it's done.
- Coat the corn in mayonnaise.
- Roll in Parmesan. Sprinkle with the cayenne and top with chopped cilantro.
My air fryer basket wasn't able to fit the whole 4 into it. You may need to cook this street corn in batches.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g