Cooking frozen waffle fries in the air fryer turn out crispy and delicious! Using the air fryer is a great easy way to cook up a batch or two for dinner.
Waffle cut fries are such an easy side dish for dinner or lunch. Especially when cooking frozen waffle fries in an air fryer.
The air fryer makes the fries crispy and it's simple and easy to do.
It seems like fries are always on the kids list of favorite foods. It's easy to grab a bag of fries from the grocery store on a busy evening, to make some air fryer frozen waffle fries with dinner.
Plus, they make a great side dish for game day.
Every single time I make these, they go quickly.
What is a waffle fry?
A waffle fry is a type of French fries
Maybe you've eaten regular fries, but don't know what waffle fries are.
Waffle fries are when the potato is cut using a crinkle cutter. You cut a slice off the potato and then rotate the potato to cut the next slice. The fry ends up with ridges and valleys. The valleys tend to have holes in the fries.
Tips for making the best waffle fries
For best results, make sure the waffle fries are in a single layer. If they overlap they tend not to cook all the way.
You don't need to add any extra oil to these frozen waffle cut fries. If you want crispier fries, you can spray some olive oil over the top, but it isn't necessary.
Favorite seasonings and toppings
If you want some extra flavor to your fries beyond a little salt and black pepper, try adding some of these seasonings to your waffle fries.
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
Favorite Dipping Sauces
- ranch dressing
- mayo & ketchup mix
- garlic aioli dipping sauce
Frozen waffle fries
How to Make
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes.
Add frozen waffle fries in a single layer at the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Optional step: If you want extra crispy waffle fries , add a little olive or cooking oil to the fries in the basket.
Have the frozen waffle fries cook in the air fryer at 400°F for 12 minutes, making sure to flip halfway through
At the end of the cook time, dump the fries out onto a plate lined with a couple sheets of paper towels or onto a baking sheet. The paper towels will help to absorb any excess oil.
- 1 bag frozen waffle fries
- Oil mister, optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes.
- Add frozen waffle fries evenly to the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Optional step: If you want extra crispy waffle fries , add a little olive or cooking oil to the fries in the basket and shake to spread the oil.
- Have the frozen waffle fries cook in the air fryer at 400°F for 12 minutes, making sure to flip/shake the fries halfway through. If there are a lot of fries in the basket, you may need to add another minute or two.
- At the end of the cook time, dump the fries out onto a plate lined with a couple sheets of paper towels or onto a baking sheet. The paper towels will help to absorb any excess oil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
Make sure to "PIN IT"
Other favorite air fryer recipes you'll love: