Learn the best cooking time and temperature for cooking frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer. You'll find they don't take much time to get slightly crispy, delicious fries.
Cooking sweet potato fries in the air fryer is an easy way to get crispy fries. I think in general sweet potato fries are more of a softer fry, but the air fryer is a great way to get a slightly crispy outer layer.
While you can cook homemade sweet potato fries in the air fryer, sometimes you need something that takes less time.
On those hectic school nights you need something quick and easy. That's where frozen sweet potato fries save the evening!
They don't take nearly the amount of time as cooking homemade ones do. You can get to skip all the cutting up of sweet potatoes, soaking them if you decide to do that step, etc.
You can find frozen sweet potatoes in the freezer section at your grocery store.
I know I've had a hard time finding them in the past, but the Alexia sweet potato fries tend to be carried at most stores.
Sweet potato fries are an easy side dish and is a healthier alternative than regular fries.
If you need easy snacks for game days, sweet potato fries hit the spot.
Yes, you can definitely cook sweet potato fries in the air fryer. You'll find air frying sweet potato fries is a great alternative to deep frying.
You'll cook them for about 7 minutes.
If you end up with leftover fries - not sure how that is possible, but it could happen. You can reheat them in the air fryer the next day.
You'll want to preheat the air fryer, then cook them on the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook them at 350F for about 5 minutes.
Check them and see if they are reheated all the way through. You may need to cook them for an additional minute or two.
There are so many great ways to season sweet potato fries. Here are some favorites:
- Cajun seasoning
- Garlic Powder & Onion Powder
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Favorite Dipping Sauce
- Garlic aioli - dipping sweet potato fries in garlic aioli sauce is a match made in heaven. This aioli recipe is amazing.
- ranch - I think this is a favorite sauce for pretty much everything.
- honey mustard - you can use either store purchased or homemade.
- chipotle mayo - this is another great option for dipping into.
Although you may think you do, you actually don't need to use any cooking oil when you air fry frozen sweet potato fries. This is a great way to cut back on calories.
You can use an oil mister filled with olive oil or avocado oil if you want more crispy sweet potato fries.
Make sure the fries are in a single layer so the air can circulate all the way around the fries for best results.
Recipes to Pair With
Sweet potato fries seem to be the perfect side dish to so many recipes. Here are a few of our favorite dishes to pair them with:
How to Make
Step 1: Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes.
Step 2: Add frozen sweet potato fries to the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer. Set the temperature to 400°F and the cooking time to 7 minutes or until heated all the way through. Make sure to shake the basket about half way through cooking.
Step 3: Dump the fries onto a plate with a paper towel on it and enjoy! They will be hot, so let them cool for just a moment or two before digging in.
- 20 oz Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Oil Mister, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes.
- Add frozen sweet potato fries to the bottom of the air fryer basket in a single layer. Set the temperature to 400°F and the cooking time to 7 minutes or until heated all the way through. Make sure to shake the basket about half way through cooking.
- Dump the fries onto a plate with a paper towel on it and enjoy! They will be hot, so let them cool for just a moment or two before digging in.
You may need to do multiple batches of fries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 12 fries
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g