Heating up frozen corn dogs in the air fryer is a great way to get hot, almost crunchy on the outside and moist corndogs.
Frozen corn dogs in the air fryer makes a great super quick and easy lunch dinner when you are short on time and energy. Or just as a special treat for kids who love to eat corn dogs.
This is such a quick and easy recipe that you might add this in for your weeknight dinner rotation for busy nights.
Air fried corn dogs have a nice crunchy texture and a moist and tender hot dog on the inside.
I have not tried cooking the mini corndogs in our air fryer yet. But, I'll make sure to update this post when I do.
- frozen corn dog (s)
- oil mister - try to stay away from cooking spray as it can chip your air fryer basket.
- condiments - mustard, ketchup, fry sauce
Using an oil mister is a great way to apply oil to your corn dogs. That is if you want them to be extra crispy. Adding the oil is completely optional and the corn dogs taste great without the oil as well.
Step 1: Make sure to preheat air fryer. For mine, I turn it on, leave it at the default heat setting (340) and set the timer for 3 minutes. After the three minutes are up, my air fryer is heated up and ready to use.
Step 2: Add the frozen corn dogs to the air fryer basket. For my air fryer, I can cook 3 corn dogs at a time. If you want to add some oil to have extra crispy corn dogs, now is the time to add it. Mist a bit on and shake the basket around to make sure the oil is all over the corn dogs.
Step 3: Place the air fryer basket back into the air fryer. Set the heat for 380 and the timer for 10 minutes. About half way through, pull the basket out and give it a shake. Then, place the basket back in and let the air fryer finish cooking the corn dogs
Step 4: Dump the corn dogs onto a plate and let them cool down for minute or two. This is a great time to put together whatever you want to dip your corn dog into.
Step 5: Enjoy your air fryer corn dog!
If you are wondering what the best condiments are for corn dogs, here are some of our favorites:
- ketchup with a little mustard or ranch added in
- fry sauce - ketchup and mayonnaise mixed together
- hot sauce
Some of our favorite things to eat with a corn dog include:
- pasta salad
- fries, tots or sweet potato fries
- corn on the cob
- fruit salad
- corn dogs, frozen
- oil mister
- Preheat air fryer. Turn on for 3 minutes.
- Add corn dogs to air fryer basket, insert into air fryer, cook frozen corn dogs at 380 for 10 minutes. At about 5 minutes, take basket out and shake it.
- Dump corn dogs onto a plate or use tongs to remove from air fryer basket. Let sit for a minute or two and then enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 584Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 973mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 17g