You’ll love cooking frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer. It makes them crispy and they cook faster than in the oven.
Chicken nuggets are the perfect comfort food.
It is a perfect snack and makes a great component for the main course as well.
Chicken nuggets are versatile! You can serve these on game day, stick them in your kid’s lunch box, and when you are having a midnight craving, a few pieces of chicken nuggets might hit the spot.
They make everyone happy!
Why we love this recipe?
Frying chicken nuggets doesn’t take time, but it can involve a lot of steps when frying on the stove.
Getting a frying pan, pouring oil, heating it, adding nuggets, waiting for it to cook, Ah so much work!
But if you hate going through so much work for chicken nuggets, air fry them! Here is why we love to air fry frozen chicken nuggets:
- It is super easy. You don’t need to go through as many steps. You just have to place chicken nuggets in the air fryer basket; that’s pretty much it.
- It doesn’t require pans and pots. All you need is an air fryer and an air fryer basket.
- No need to deep fry the nuggets in oil. A bit of cooking spray will do the job.
- Because it’s oil-free, it’s a healthier choice!
- You get crispy nuggets. Crispy on the outside and delicious on the inside, these nuggets are perfectly cooked.
- Anyone can make it! Even your young kids can make it, and you don’t have to worry about spilling hot oil over them. But make sure they don’t touch the air-fryer basket.
- frozen chicken nuggets
- air fryer
- oil mister if you want the chicken nuggets extra crispy, but oil is not needed.
Step 1: Preheat air fryer.
Step 2: Arrange frozen chicken nuggets in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Step 3: Insert air fryer basket and cook at 400°F for 4 minutes. Flip the chicken nuggets over and cook for at 400°F for an additional 4 minutes or until cooked through.
Best dipping sauces for chicken nuggets
Chicken nuggets without dipping sauce are like a fish out of water!
If you are looking for some awesome dipping sauce ideas for your chicken nuggets, here are a few:
- Honey Mustard: Classic, sweet and spicy. Mustard and honey make a perfect combination with chicken nuggets.
- BBQ sauce: you can use store-bought or make your own. Either way, BBQ sauce goes perfectly with nuggets.
- Ranch sauce: Creamy and tasty ranch sauce is a perfect match for chicken nuggets. Add parmesan cheese to add more depth to the sauce.
- Peach or apricot sauce: Sweet and tangy sauces taste delicious. You can add peaches or apricots and create a perfect balance with your chicken nuggets.
- Teriyaki sauce: teriyaki sauce with the heat of Szechuan peppercorns is not just delicious but is super easy to make.
- Mayo-chup: Combine mayo and ketchup for a delicious dip. Add a few drops of sriracha to get some heat!
- Tahini sauce: Bring in the middle eastern flavors with a delicious tahini sauce. It is easy to make and adds depth of flavor to your chicken nuggets.
Dishes to Pair with Chicken Nuggets
Here are a few healthy things you can serve with chicken nuggets:
- Air fried chips: Whether it’s russet potato chips or sweet potato chips, air fry these to go with chicken nuggets.
- Coleslaw: Delicious, creamy, refreshing coleslaw goes perfectly well with chicken nuggets.
- Roasted vegetables: Serve these alongside roasted carrots, potatoes, and broccoli, and it becomes a perfect meal.
- frozen chicken nuggets
- favorite dipping sauce
1. Preheat air fryer.
2. Arrange frozen chicken nuggets in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
3. Insert air fryer basket and cook at 400°F for 4 minutes. Flip the chicken nuggets over and cook for at 400°F for an additional 4 minutes or until cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 5Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g