These air fryer pigs in a blanket are perfect for hungry kiddos and it's a great dish for kids to help make.
I think almost all kids think pigs in a blanket is exciting to have. These air fryer pigs in a blanket are no exception.
If you love having your kids in the kitchen helping you make food, they will love helping with this dish. It is perfect for them to help wrap up the hot dogs.
Wondering what exactly pigs in a blanket is? It's hot dogs wrapped in dough and then cooked. You end up with a hot dog with it's own bun pretty much, although the dough typically doesn't puff up as much as a bun.
What are Pigs in a Blanket?
Pigs in a blanket are hot dogs that are wrapped in dough and baked or fried. Pigs in a blanket are commonly served as appetizers, although my kids love eating these as lunch with some sort of fruit and veggie.
Favorite dipping sauces
Here are some favorite dipping sauces for pigs in a blanket.
- ranch dressing
- honey mustard
- deli or yellow mustard
- cheese sauce
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- hot dogs or cocktail-size smoked link sausages
How to Make
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the air fryer basket, use an air fryer liner, or use an oil mister to grease the inside of the air fryer basket.
Step 2: Cut each hotdog into 4 equal pieces.
Step 3: Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Cut each triangle in half from the small point to the middle of the opposite end.
Step 4: Roll a piece of hotdog in the cut crescent roll dough.
Step 5: Place the rolled hotdogs into the air fryer basket, leaving space between for the crescent dough to puff.
Step 6: Cook in the air fryer for 7 to 9 minutes, or until golden. Make sure to flip halfway. If you don't flip them over, the bottom doesn't get crispy or cooked all the way, so it's a bit doughy. I've found cooking these on their sides helps, then all I had to do was shake the basket around and move just the few that didn't roll over.
Step 7: Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
I hope you enjoy!
Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket
Hot dog pieces wrapped in crescent dough make a delicious pig in a blanket. The perfect appetizer for game day.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls (8 Count)
- 1 (8 count) package bun-length hot dogs or cocktail-size smoked link sausages (14-oz package)
- Preheat the air fryer to 330°F. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the air fryer basket or use an air basket liner.
- Cut each hotdog into 4 equal pieces.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Cut each triangle in half from the small point to the middle of the opposite end.
- Roll a piece of hotdog in the cut crescent roll dough.
- Place the rolled hotdogs into the air fryer basket, leaving space between for the
crescent dough to puff.
- Cook in the air fryer for 7 to 9 minutes, or until golden. Make sure to flip them over about halfway through cooking.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
Each batch takes approximately 9 minutes to cook.
If you put these into the air fryer basket on their side, you can shake the basket to flip them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
4 per serving.
Make sure to "PIN IT"!
Other kids friendly air fryer recipes:
Air Fryer Churro Bites
Air Fryer Pumpkin Muffins
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sticks
Leave a Reply