These air fryer jalapeno popper sliders include little mini burgers with a to die for jalapeno popper spread. They are so delicious as a dinner or lunch.
We love BBQ'ing hamburgers in our house, but sometimes - like in winter - we prefer not using our BBQ. I love using our air fryer during these times to make hot dogs (next best thing to BBQ'd hot dogs), Elote corn, and especially, these jalapeno popper sliders.
Have you ever eaten a slider before?
They are mini burgers, the perfect size if you have a smaller appetite or for kids. If you have a bigger appetite, it's easy to eat a few of them.
By making these into sliders, it also means you can cook quite a few of them at once in your air fryer.
These take about five minutes to prep out, then an additional 10 minutes per batch for cooking.
Air Fryer Burger Sliders
If you love jalapeno poppers, you'll love these jalapeno popper burger sliders.
Not only do these make a great dinner or quick lunch, but they are perfect party food such as a Super Bowl party.
- ground beef (can also sub ground turkey or chicken instead)
- salt and pepper
- rolls or slider buns
- cream cheese
- jalapeno peppers
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Sliders in the Air Fryer
Step 1: Start making mini burgers by dividing the meat into six servings. Roll each into balls and then flatten into mini burger patties. Lightly salt and pepper each patty.
Step 2: Add slider patties into your air fryer basket. Make sure the burger patties are in a single layer.
Step 3: Set the cook time to 5 minutes at 370°F. Flip the burgers and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Step 4: While the sliders are cooking, prep the jalapeno popper mixture. In a mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, shredded cheese, milk, and bacon.
Step 5: Remove burgers and place cooked patties onto the bottom half of the roll. Add the jalapeno popper sauce mix to the top, add any toppings, then top with top bun and it's ready to serve.
Tips for Air Fryer Sliders
Making these sliders is pretty straightforward, but here are some tips to make sure you make the best sliders in the air fryer.
- You can use rolls such as Hawaiian rolls or rolls you find in the bakery section at the store or mini slider buns.
- While the burger patties do shrink in size, make sure when adding the meat to the air fryer basket to not overlap it all. It should be in a single layer.
- Air fryers vary in cooking time, so make sure to check the sliders and make sure they done completely. You can use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature is at least 125°F.
- You can change out the ground beef for ground turkey or chicken if you prefer.
- If you like your buns toasted, just add them to the air fryer after you remove the sliders. Cook them for just a minute or two until they are toasted to your liking.
If you have leftovers, I strongly suggest storing the patties separately from the slider bun. I find buns get soggy when stored with the meat.
Store both in an airtight container and make sure to store the burgers in the fridge. The burgers should be good for up to three days.
Any leftover jalapeno popper mix should also be kept in an airtight container and in the fridge.
Favorite Side Dishes
Pretty much anything that you love to eat with burgers are great for eating with these mini burgers. Here are our favorites.
- french fries
- sweet potato fries
- potato wedges
- tater tots
- side salad
- onion rings
- mashed potatoes
- twice-baked potatoes
- potato salad
If you want more than just the jalapeno popper mix on top of these juicy burgers, you can certainly top it with your favorites!
- 1 lb ground beef (or any meat of your choosing such as turkey)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 6 rolls, sliced in half
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and diced)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 slices of bacon (cooked and chopped)
- Jalapeño slice and piece of bacon, optional, for garnish
- Divide your beef into six servings (about 2.6 ounces). In between The palms of your hands, roll them in the balls, and then flatten them. Lightly salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add your slider patties to your instant pot. Air fryer sizes vary so add as many as you can without crowding the patties. They shrink as they cook.
- Cook your patties at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes. Then flip for 5 more minutes.
- While your patties are cooking, mix together in a medium size bowl your cream cheese, Jalapeño peppers, shredded cheese, milk, and bacon.
- Once your patties are done, transfer them to the bottom half of your role. Scoop on your cream cheese
mixture. Place the top half of your roll onto the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
10 minutes per batch.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 583mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 30g