Making air fryer hot pockets is an easy way to get some hot food fast! And it doesn't heat up your home, like using the oven does.
Making hot pockets in the air fryer is a great way to cook hot pockets. Just like all our other favorite freezer food section foods, such as frozen tater tots, dino nuggets, bagel bites, and frozen burritos - we think air frying hot pockets makes them taste better than cooking in the oven or microwave.
Hot pockets make a great snack or quick lunch. Cooking frozen hot pockets in the air fryer takes less than 15 minutes vs a conventional oven takes 28 minutes.
You can also cook hot pockets in a microwave, which is faster, but hot pockets don't seem to get crispy in there, unlike when you air fry hot pockets.
Air Fryer Hot Pockets
The air fryer is where we love making frozen foods. I may have mentioned it previously, but we were without electricity for a little over a week.
Our gas oven wouldn't work, but we could run our air fryer off our generator and it was so handy for cooking easy frozen foods.
I love that hot pockets come in so many different flavors. Originally, it seems like it was just the hot pizza pocket in pepperoni or cheese that you could find.
I've seen a breakfast hot pocket with sausage, egg, and cheese as well as ham and cheddar, meatballs and mozzarella, and more.
The breakfast hot pockets are perfect for busy mornings.
- frozen hot pockets
How to Make Hot Pocket in the Air Fryer
Step 1: Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes.
Step 2: Unwrap your frozen hot pockets. You can throw the crisping sleeve away. Place the hot pocket upside down in the air fryer basket. Set the cook time for 12 minutes and the temperature to 400°F, flipping halfway through the cooking process. If you know that your air fryer cooks hot, check your hot pockets at around 10 minutes to make sure it isn't done yet.
Step 3: Remove the hot pockets in air fryer and enjoy!
Tips for Air Fryer Hot Pockets
Here are some tips to make sure you get a delicious and crispy hot pocket.
- Make sure to cook frozen hot pockets. You don't need to defrost them beforehand.
- When adding the hot pockets to the air fryer basket, make sure they are in a single layer while air frying. You can air fry in multiple batches if needed.
- You don't have to use any cooking spray, although if you really want to you can. We don't and we find the hot pockets to be crispy enough.
- Air fryers seem to vary slightly in temperatures. So you'll want to make sure to check your hot pocket as it gets close to the end of the cooking time.
Leftover Hot Pockets
If you happen to make too many, you can store extra hot pockets in a covered container in the refrigerator.
You can reheat hot pockets in the air fryer. Just air fry at 350°F for about 4 minutes or until heated through.
Are Hot Pockets Good in the Air Fryer?
Yes, we think cooking hot pockets in the air fryer is better than cooking them in the microwave or the oven.
We find the texture of the dough is better.
What to Serve with Hot Pockets
How pockets are a great quick lunch, especially when you add a side dish to it. Here are some of our favorite things to eat with hot pockets.
- veggie tray - I find it's easy to cut up some veggies and make a ranch dip while the hot pockets are cooking.
- side salad - I tend to add a salad to anything I can. It's quick and a great way to make a meal healthier.
- pasta salad
- tater tots
- sliced apples
Other Frozen Foods to Cook in Your Air Fryer
- 2 hot pockets
- dipping sauce, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes.
- Unwrap your frozen hot pockets. You can throw the crisping sleeve away. Place the hot pocket upside down in the air fryer basket.
- Set the cook time for 12 minutes and the temperature to 400°F, flipping halfway through the cooking process. If you know that your air fryer cooks hot, check your hot pockets at around 10 minutes to make sure it isn't done yet.
- Allow hot pockets to cool for a few minutes before eating.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 929mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 13g