Air fryer churros made with angel food cake is an easy dessert to make that you whole family will love.
If you love churros, you'll love these churro bites made in the air fryer.
Decadent and sweet, these churro bites are a delicious dessert made from angel food cake that have been cut into bite sized pieces and then fried in the air fryer.
It is so simple to make and only takes a few minutes.
Favorite Dipping Sauces
- Cream cheese sauce (recipe included at the end)
- Chocolate sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Apple butter
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla ice cream
What is the best way to eat churro bites?
Dipped in a delicious sauce while still warm is our favorite way to eat these.
How to store churro bites for later?
They are really best eaten right out of the air fryer while still warm, but if you are unable to finish them all, you can store in an airtight container on the counter for 2 to 3 days.
How to reheat churro bites
If you have leftovers that you'd like to reheat, just stick them in the air fryer at 350°F and heat for 3-4 minutes, or until warm.
- angel food cake, cubed
Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- powdered sugar
- cream cheese, softened
- butter, softened
How to Make
Step 1: Place the angel food bites in a greased air fryer basket. Spray the pieces with oil and cook on 350 for 5 minutes. Open and shake the basket about halfway through cooking.
Step 2: Add cinnamon and sugar to a gallon sized bag. Dump churro bites into bag and shake well, until the pieces are covered in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Step 3: Combine all the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. You can add more sugar for a thicker sauce or more milk for a thinner one.
Enjoy your churro bites!
- ½ angel food cake cubed
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
Cream cheese dipping sauce:
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- ½ cup of cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Place the angel food bites in the air fryer. Spray with oil and cook on 350 for 5
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar together and pour over the churro bites. Pour bites and sugar mixture into a gallon size bag and shake until bites are coated.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients and mix until smooth. For thicker sauce add more sugar, for thinner, add more milk.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 3g
Make sure to "PIN IT" for later!